Vast Georgian village house in Oxfordshire for sale for £4.25 million
A Grade II* listed, mid-18th century village house in Adderbury, Oxfordshire has just gone on sale for £4.25 million ($5.74 million, €4.79 million or درهم21.10 million) after fifty years in the same family.
Providing a total of 11,290 square foot of accommodation and including 5 reception rooms, a 38-foot long kitchen, 4 cellar rooms, 10 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms, Cross Hill House is built of Horton stone and has a Welsh slate roof. It is described as being of “the mid-Georgian style” and as “a big house” by Country Life’s Penny Churchill.
Formerly owned by Lieutenant-Colonel Henry Everard Du Cane Norris (1869 – 1960), Lord Lieutenant of Oxfordshire in 1939 and a significant freehold property owner in Hackney, London until the 1930s, the house comes with 5.98 acres of formal and informal gardens, 2 Victorian walled gardens and 3 large garages.
Cross Hill House – which is 3 miles from Banbury and 18 miles from Oxford – is listed by Damian Gray of Knight Frank LLP.