Image of Theresa May’s ‘Brexit war cabinet’ illustrates how divided her government truly is
Thursday’s ‘Brexit war cabinet’ was supposedly a bit of a bloodbath but now – in a picture published in the Mail Online late on Saturday –the frostiness between those in her pathetic orbit was made truly clear.
Photographed in the Great Hall of the Buckinghamshire mansion Chequeurs with the Worst Prime Minister in History sat bolt upright next to a roaring fire, May arranged Brexiteers and Remainers as far apart as possible. Indicative of the clear divide amongst those plotting as to her succession, never has a clearer image of a government deservedly about to fall been shown.
Follow The Steeple Times on Twitter at @SteepleTimes.
A numbered list of attendees at Theresa May’s meeting at Chequers follows:
1) Theresa May, Prime Minister
2) David Davis, Brexit Secretary
3) Boris Johnson, Foreign Secretary
4) Julian Smith, Chief Whip
5) Philip Hammond, Chancellor
6) Greg Clark, Business Secretary
7) Liam Fox, International Trade Secretary
8) Gavin Williamson, Defence Secretary
9) David Lidington, Cabinet Office Minister
10) Amber Rudd, Home Secretary
11) Karen Bradley, Northern Ireland Secretary
12) Michael Gove, Environment Secretary
13) Peter Hill, Principal Private Secretary to the PM
14) Oliver Robbins, No 10 Brexit Adviser
15) Jeremy Heywood, Cabinet Secretary
16) Jo Penn, No 10 Deputy Chief of Staff
17) Gavin Barwell, No 10 Chief of Staff
18) James Slack, PM’s Official spokesman