Chef and Palestine on a Plate app creator Joudie Kalla shares a recipe for chocolate truffles
I make cakes for the new Pavilion Road shop of the truffle chocolatiers Prestat and share with you something decadent, devilish and delicious: Chocolate truffles. The recipe really couldn’t be any easier and you’ll be very satisfied with the result.
200g 70% dark chocolate.
200ml double cream.
2 teaspoons of instant espresso.
1 tablespoon of orange blossom water (optional).
– Melt the butter, cream and chocolate.
– Bring the mixture up to the boil and then set away from the heat.
– Mix until it has all combined and thick.
– Add the orange blossom water (if you wish to use it).
– Let the mixture cool down and then place in the fridge overnight or until the chocolate has hardened.
– Use a melon scooper or small teaspoon to shape the balls.
– Roll them in the cocoa until they are covered.
The chocolate truffles will keep for a maximum of three days but I can bet you that they won’t last nearly that long.
Joudie Kalla is a Palestinian chef and a lover of Middle Eastern food. She runs Baity Kitchen Catering and recently launched an app named Palestine on a Plate to share Palestinian recipes and personal stories. Follow her on Twitter at @BaityKitchen.
Subscribe to our free once daily email newsletter here:[wysija_form id=”1″]